People can’t be happy or healthy without adequate exercise. We’re not talking about turning into an exercise fanatic here. We’re talking about getting some mild exercise for 30 minutes 3-5 times per week that makes you breathe faster and flushes your cheeks. That’s all you need to achieve a health benefit. If you want to lose weight you’re probably going to have to go for 5 times per week, but also start very slowly. During the first two weeks you should give your body time to adjust to your new workout regime and not overdo it. If you do you will quit before the two weeks are over.
Let’s look at 7 good reasons to exercise:
– Exercise makes you feel more energised. It releases feel-good hormones in your body to help you combat depression.
– Exercise lowers your risk of chronic diseases like cholesterol, diabetes, osteoporosis and heart disease.
– Exercise can help you lose weight. The more energy you expend, the more weight you will lose.
– Exercise can help you have a better night’s sleep.
– Exercise can put the spark back in your sex life.
– Exercise can be fun…eventually.
For those of you that are ready, have been moving more all over for a week or two, feel healthy and have consulted your doctor about embarking on an exercise programme, the ReliSlim Slimming Clinic is proud to introduce its very own exercise programme. It has been especially developed by a professional personal trainer and is suitable for beginners and more advanced individuals alike. In some instances we will indicate which exercises are advanced, but in most cases you simply do less repetitions of an exercise if you are a beginner. Always trying to do as many as you can. If, at any stage, you feel pain, faint, or dizzy stop exercising immediately.
- An exercise mat – you can use any rug or mat
- A swiss ball – there are many exercises without the ball and the balls aren’t hugely expensive
- Dumbells – you can use cans of tinned food or bottles of wine (make sure the weights aren’t too heavy for you)
- A skipping rope – very inexpensive
- An elastic band – also very inexpensive
- Many people think that cardiovascular training is sufficient for losing weight. This is not true. Weight resistance training is of vital importance. Although you can decide to do only cardio on a specific day, your exercise regime should always include weight resistance training.
A typical training session would consist of: